Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your Full Name
- Contact Phone
- Name of House
- Reservation Number
To protect against unexpected events that might cancel or interrupt your travel plans, we offer C.S.A. Travel Protection Insurance . The cost of the insurance is 6.5 percent of the booking (on non-refundable costs only, generally rent and tax). We strongly recommend you purchase this insurance, especially since it covers far more than the cancellation of your trip. CSA offers many benefits, including Identity Theft assistance, a 24-hour medical advice hotline, arrangements for the transportation of mortal remains (yes, people do die on vacation), and numerous other benefits.
For details on coverage, see our CSA flyer.
It’s easy to imagine one of these scenarios:
- You are laid off from your job a week before your vacation and the cost of the vacation is no longer sustainable.
- Your 3-year old daughter develops severe ear pain and a mysterious rash while on your vacation. Will you know how to get immediate medical advice?
- You spent over a year planning your vacation. Two days into the trip you're forced to leave because your father has a stroke. Who's going to pay for the unplanned expenses to get you back home? Will you get your money back for the unused travel arrangements for which you've already paid?
- Your luggage never showed up at baggage claim and you just discovered you may not get it for another 24-48 hours. Now you must buy necessary personal items and clothing you'll need until it's returned to you. Can you get reimbursed for this?
- You're driving on a scenic road in the mountains en route to your vacation home when your car breaks down. How will you get it towed?
- You're hiking and suffer a serious injury. How will you get to the nearest hospital to get the medical attention you require? Who will pay for the high costs involved in the evacuation if you're outside of your health plan's coverage area or have a high co-pay? If you have children with you on vacation and no other adult, how will they get cared for and transported? (CSA will send a bonded escort or transport a relative to the children).
For details on coverage, see our CSA flyer.
Keep in mind that for cancelled trips, CSA does not issue the refund until the dates for your trip are completed. This is because they need to wait to see if your dates re-rent. If your dates re-rent in part or in full, we refund that portion to you and CSA refunds any balance.
You may think you don’t need this insurance, but please really think about this decision. If you need to cancel your trip, you will lose your rent and tax unless we’re able to re-rent your vacation home for your dates. You can sometimes get this insurance even if you turned it down at the time you booked your getaway. Just give us a call and ask for a booking agent; we’ll be happy to assist you in getting a policy.
Commonly Asked Questions:
What's available to me before, during and after my trip?
Before and during your trip, 24-Hour Emergency Hotline is available to assist you with various travel needs, including medical or legal referrals, emergency cash transfers, pre-travel advice, translation services, identity theft resolution services, concierge services and more. If the unexpected occurs, our customer service representatives can assist you with any claims forms needed, as well as providing you the individualized attention you may need. Upon receipt of your completed claims forms, a dedicated claims agent will be assigned specifically to your case upon your return.
Can my traveling companions and I be insured on the same policy?
Each policy can insure up to 10 travelers. Note that some benefits are subject to policy maximums. If the total trip cost is not equally shared by travelers, you may want to consider purchasing different policies.
Can I forego parts of the coverage?
CSA Travel Protection offers comprehensive coverage to guard against gaps and lower benefit limits found in other types of insurance, such as credit cards and homeowner policies. Travel insurance plans are tailored for all types of vacationers. CSA insurance reimburses your pre-paid, non-refundable expenses if you cannot travel for a covered reason. It also provides post-departure benefits in case you face the unexpected while traveling.
What if I change my mind?
If you purchase this plan and are not satisfied within 10 days of receipt, contact CSA Travel Protection directly to indicate your desire to cancel. If you haven't already left on your trip, you will receive a complete refund.
6.5 percent of the booking (on non-refundable costs only, generally rent and tax)